Monday, December 22, 2008

T.S. Eliot and 1888

I learned of footnoting, now hyperlinking, from my good friend T.S. Eliot. He wrote about me in his poem, The Wasteland. I am not the first prophet. I am just the first prophet of the digital age.

I must dispel a myth about T.S. Eliot. His name was not Thomas Stearns, but Tough Shit. His mind was a marvel. Tough Shit Eliot was my John the Baptist, paving the way for my prophesies. The year of his birth 1888 was an orgy of a one and six little zeros.

1888 was an important year in the dawn of the digital age. Tesla patented alternating current which allowed for the future electrical transmission of ones and zeros. And William Burroughs, progenitor to another prophet of the same name, created an electronic adding machine and the first digital orgy began.

No comments:

Post a Comment